Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Week 14 Reading Diary:Subhadra: Beloved Sister of Krishna and Balarama.


This Thursday I will be doing my reading diary over the comic book Subhadra: Beloved Sister of Krishna and Balarama. As my previous reading diary I wanted to do my story over characters that I feel like really did not have a main focus in our assigned readings. So the story begins by giving background information on Subhadra. She is the sister to Balarama who is Duryodhana’s teacher. This actually gives me an idea of having Drona and Balarama fight since they both represent a person of knowledge. Arjuna is actually attracted to her hich happens to be one of Duryodhana’s worst enemies. He first sees her after being exiled for interrupting Draupadi’s and Yudhisthira’s private time. She actually choses him over Duryodhana giving him more reasons to hate Arjuna. Arjuna basically “kidnaps” her while on her way home. When the people find out of what Arjuna has done they initially plan to go after them but after talking to Krishna he tells them to bring them back but to congratulate them. I would also like to include the part of the story where she fears returning to Duryodhana’s hometown because she Is afraid that his other wife Draupadi might not like her. It turns out that Draupadi actually likes and accepts her. I would like to switch this up and have them hate each other and even have a fight scene!
Cover of Comic Book: Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment