Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Week 13 Reading Diary: Kumbhakarna: The sleeping giant


I chose to do my reading diary over the comic book story Kumbhakarna: The sleeping giant. I wanted to read something that was different this week. I have mainly focused on stories about the Pandava brothers and Hanuman. I want to incorporate this week’s stories in to my story book project that deals with Sampati and Jatayu. I will have them fight with the beast and in my retelling of the story I will have the giant be noble. As I read the story I found out that this is the giant that Ravana tried to use to take out Rama and his army.  Also from reading the Wikipedia site I learned that he is also related to Ravana. I may actually use these two evil brother vs Sampati, Jatayu, Sugriva, and Hanuman. That would be an epic battle! I also learned that in the battle against Rama he injured Hanuman and Sugriva. I also learned from the Wikipedia site that he had two brothers which I might actually create in my own story to try and revenge his father’s death. In my story I will also add a bigger scene to where his awakening is much more devastating to the city of Oklahoma which I have created my story around. I am also interested in incorporating a scene where I can relate his ability to defeat Indra. Maybe have him fight Drona in my story to represent this scene.
Cover of comic book: Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment