Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Reading Diary Week 11:Hanuman to the Rescue: Hanuman Brings the Sanjeevani


This reading Diary is over the comic book Hanuman to theRescue: Hanuman Brings the Sanjeevani. I choose to read this article because in my storybook I am including Hanuman and I want to learn as much details and stories about him to incorporate in my storybook. The story begins where Rama’s brother, Lakshmana, is injured by Ravana. The only way to save him is by bringing the moneky, Sushena, a specific herb called the Vishalya Karani. Hanuman volunteers to go get the herbs and changes into his gigantic form to get to the mountains more quickly.  He has to fight Kalanemi who is sent by Ravana to stop him from getting the herbs. Kalanemi is a giant as well and decided to disguise himself as a hermit crab to defeat Hanuman. The crab hides in a river where he lures Hanuman to get him eaten by a crocodile that is in the river. Hanuman actually defeats the crocodile and from this crocodile comes a dancing deity that lets him know who the crab really is. Hanuman and Kalanemi fight and Hanuman sends him back to Lanka. I have decided my story to be about Kubera which is the story I read for Tuesdays reading. I will try and include this story as well since the Kubera story also takes place in Lanka. Hanuman ask the people that live around the mountain for help but they refuse so he picks up the whole mountain and takes it to Sushenna so she cant find the herb and cure Lakshmana. I am also interested in adding the scene of Hanuman carrying the sun with him to help him find the herb, in my storybook. Hanuman also uses the herb to take care of the people that refused to help him. After all this he releases the sun.
Cover of comic book: Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment