Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Week 13 reading diary:Ganghari: a motherblinded by love


This reading diary is over the story Ganghari: a motherblinded by love. This week I wanted to read stories that deal with characters different from the usual that I am use to writing about. Even though most of the comics revolve around our two assigned readings at the beginning of the semester I try to give emphasis to characters I feel did not receive much attention. In this story I am looking at the wife of Dhritarashtra who if you remembered is the father to the Kauravas. I really want to focus on her blind folding herself just to share the same fate of her husband who is blind. I also want to talk about how Duryodhana could have been abolished since a baby but his dad decided to keep him. The story continues and it explains how kunti and Gandhari really like each other but their children hate each other. I want to create a story in which the Gandhari realizes that her son is bad but she actually decided to take control and tries to get rid of her son even if it hurts her. I would also like to focus on the scene where she has a vision that her son is going to fall to the hands of Bhima. I am also interested in writing about how Gandhari burns the toes of Yudhisthira through her blind fold. I also want to talk about who she curses Krishna.
The cover of the comic:Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment