Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 12 Reading Diary: Hanuman: The Epitome of Devotion and Courage



I will be doing my reading diary over the comic book Hanuman: The Epitome of Devotion and Courage. Before this class I had no understanding of Indian Epics. After reading the assigned readings and going through multiple stories I have come to really enjoy Hanumans character. In the story it begins by talking many situations in his life but I want to focus on how Hanuman saves Sugriva from a wild elephant and how he grabbed the sun by mistake thinking it was a fruit. This is two situations that I have not included in any of my previous stories. I am also doing my storybook project over Hanuman and Sugriva which honestly I feel like this story gives a different side of Sugriva. Sugriva actually trapped his brother in a cave and had taken his throne. At first Rama take Vali’s side but eventually switches over to Sugriva’s side.I am also interested in emphasizing Hanumans amazing ability to jump. I have pointed out his amazing strength before but not his ability to jump. I would also like to include in my storybook the story about how Ravana sets Hanuman’s tail on fire. I would also like to include how Hanuman is running around the city of Lanka setting the place on fire since he was able to grow his tail. I also want to incorporate the story of how Hanuman destroys the chariot of Jambumali and carries Rama and his brother in his shoulders in order for them to get better shots of their enemies. I am debating on how to incorporate  Sugriva in my story.  

Cover of comic book:Blogspot



No comments:

Post a Comment