Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Week 6 Reading Diary: Part C Public Domain Edition of Mahabharata


This section of the Public DomainEdition of the Mahabharata starts off with scenes of the Pandavas walking around in the forest after Yudhishthira lost the dice game. I will start of my actual retelling of the story with his brothers blaming his dice game “addiction” for their misfortune. Draupadi is still lamenting what has happened to her and where she has ended up. In my story I can actually have her expressing her anger with her husband Yudhishthira. I plan on incorporating Arjuna in this weeks retelling of the story. He was exiled because he interrupted Draupadi’s private time with Yudhisthira but he will come back again to help the brothers defeat Duryodhana. I want to incorporate their reencounter with Arjuna and their journey to the Himalayas but I’m not entirely sure how that would fit my story. One of the characters I’m using for my story book is Hanuman and he turns out to be a brother of Arjuna. Karna comes back to the story by battling Arjuna in support of Duryodhana. Arjuna’s dad takes away Karnas armor in order to protect his son but he still carries with him a deadly arrow. Another scene I want to use in my story is where Draupadi is almost raped and Bhima defends her. Duryodhana wants to try and punish King Virata for giving the Pandavas aid by stealing his cattle but the Pandava brother are there to protect him. I don’t know how I may incorporate this but I may add Krishna to my story simply to acknowledge his idea of bringing peace between the families. I had completely forgotten that Karna was a bother to the Pandavas! I will definitely use this in my story. A battle finally awaits.
Karna and Indra: BlogSpot

No comments:

Post a Comment