Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 3 Reading Diary: Public Domain Edition of Ramayana part D


Part D of the Public Domain Edition of the Ramayana starts of with Rama and Hanuman trying to cross over to the Kingdom of Lanka where it is presumed that Siti resides. Hanuman is able to make the great leap between the kingdoms but the monkey army and Rama have to cross over. So the monkeys and Rama build a bridge in order to get to the other side. I will alter this scene by adding danger to the bridge building process. They go into battle with Ravana once again only to have lost him and Siti once again. Ravana’s son Indrajit is the cause for the lose in this battle. I will keep this original scene. The wounded fighters on the side of Rama are healed by a deity named Garuda. From what I understand and the research I have done Garuda is a bird like human/creature that has healing powers. I am actually interested in doing more research about him for my own project. The character Kumbhakarna is a fascinating character! I will for sure have him in my story. Ravana has the power of illusions and tries to create a scenario where Siti and him have bounded so that Rama can leave them alone but Rama does not accept that. I will probably alter this scene. On episode 67 Ravana’s son has finally been defeated by Rama’s brother. I will also keep this scene. In my story Ravana will seek revenge for his brothers death hurting Siti in front of Rama. Rama enraged will engage in combat with the aid of the Gods sending down Indra’s chariot. Rama eventually defeats Ravana and his wife laments her husbands death. In my story she will seek revenge by attacking Siti. She will fail and Rama and Siti will once again be together. They will return to the kingdom of Ayodhya where Rama is set to become king. His younger brother has been waiting for his arrival to exchange the crown. The town was not fond of Siti. Rama feels forced to exile her. In my story Siti and Rama’s children will seek vengeance against their father for what the did to their mother. They will engage in a battle killing Rama’s brothers. Saddened by his brother’s lose he leaves everything to go to the heavens with his brother.
Ravana is killed by Rama and his Brother:BlogSpot 

No comments:

Post a Comment