Saturday, February 6, 2016

Styles

Topic

My Story book will deal with animals. After reading the Public Domain Edition of Ramayana I decided to also include the topic of brotherhood. I had done research over Jatayu and Sampati who are flying animals which are brothers. Sampati gave up his ability to fly in order to save his brother Jatayu. The Ramayana also gave me two more characters that I am very interested in. I would also like to include Hanuman and his brother Surgiva. They both took part in helping Rama win back his love, Siti, as long as Rama help defeat Surgiva’s brother. I have found multiple stories of Hanuman where as a young king he was abusive with his powers. There are also stories about Hanuman fighting an elephant due to his ability to grow in size. In my storybook I plan on having Jatayu amd Sampati go into combat with Surgiva and Hanuman.
Hanuman Abusing his Powers: Sanatan Society 


Bibliography
  1. "Public Domain Edition of the Ramayana". Website: Blogpost
  2. Peter Marchand. "The Life of Hanuman". Website: Santan Society  
  3. "Jatayu". Website: Wikipedia
  4. "Sampati". Website: Wikipedia
Styles


Love Story. I want to incorporate a battle between these two groups where one brother defends the other. I might add a woman character come in between one of the four characters but another one will also be in love causing a dispute. I will add a big battle in between where only one of the four brothers will come out alive. I definitely want this story to revolve over a battle but I am not sure what kind of ending I want. I will use one specific power or characteristic that each character has that will stand out in this battle.

Family Story. I had the idea of adding inner family problems. For example, Sampti or Hanuman would be the preferred brothers by their mothers. I am not entirely sure how I would in corporate a battle between the brothers. I might have to separate battles between the brothers but with different endings.

Race. One of my favorite hobbies is to watch horse races. I may add a story about a race in which the two set of brothers have to race to get complete control over an abandoned kingdom. The brothers will have a trail of obstacles in their way which the brothers will also spend the race trying to get in the way of the other brother’s race.

Bull riding. My absolute favorite hobby is bull riding. I have done it a couple times but nothing like the professionals! It is something that I am strongly considering. I want to have the four characters ride the bull and only the two who last the longest will escape the prison in which they reside. I may actually have the bull they ride be Nandi, Shiva’s personal vehicle.

1 comment:

  1. Hi again Alexis!

    I cannot believe that you have ridden a bull! That is pretty crazy. I am an adrenaline junky but I do not know if I would be able to do that. I think it would be cool to add this part of your personal life to your storytelling post. It would make for a good story

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete