Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 4 Storytelling: Rama is Detained!

One night in Ayodhya, Oklahoma the local police received a phone call about a brawl in a near by park. The police arrived and arrested every one at the scene. There were two groups of people one group was from Oklahoma and the other group was from Texas. It was a gruesome scene. There at the park lay dead Ravana and his son Indragit. The police took the suspects to the police station for further investigation.
                 
Detective 1: Hi, state your name and tell me what happened today.

Rama: Hi my name is Rama and I killed Ravana out of self defense!

Detective 1: Calm down sir explain to me why you did it.

Rama: Well a few weeks ago me and my bike crew were out getting a cheeseburger when Ravana and his crew passed by and tipped over all our bikes! In revenge we followed them to their hotel and decided to slice their tires.

Detective 1: Okay what happened after that?

Rama: Im married to Sita and Ravana has always been jealous of me and decided to get me back by kidnapping my girl. I never leave her out of my sight. NEVER! So one day me and my brother Lakshamana were in the downstairs lobby at the hotel where we were staying at and we saw a Golden Bike drive by. We had never seen such a beauty! So we decided to follow it and see if we could make an offer on it while Sita was upstairs getting ready. Little did I know Ravana used that as bait to distract me and take my girl! (Rama continues to explain what happened)

Detective 2: Hi, I hear you are Lakshamana, Rama’s younger brother.

Lakshamana: Yes, that’s me

Detective 2: Tell me what happened.

Lakshamana: Well that good for nothing Ravana kidnapped by brother’s wife! So we decided to join forces with another group of friends Surgiva and Hanuman.

Detective 2: Ok I want to know what happened to lead up to this massacre in Ayodhya, Oklahoma.

Lakshamana: Well I told you! My brother and I were only protecting ourselves and trying to get Sita back peacefully but Ravana and his son Indragit wanted to fight! (The detective leaves because Lakshamana does not want to go into detail

Detective 2: Hi, you guys must be the Surgiva and Hanuman

Hanuman: That’s correct

Detective 2 : Your buddy Lakshamana does not want to cooperate so can you tell me what happened?

Surgiva: Alright well our buddies asked us to help to get Sita back from Ravana so we did!

Detective 2: Okay but how what happened in between!

Hanuman: Well we weren’t sure where exactly Ravana took her but we knew it had to be somewhere in Texas. So we searched for days until we found him in an abandoned warehouse. We knew we couldn’t just go in there because they had waaaaaay more people than us. So we decided to call the Bear brother for help.

Surgiva: Yea, so we decided to send Hanuman in disguised in the same biker jackets as Ravana’s crew to bring back information because we couldn’t see Sita in the warehouse. ( He continues telling the story)

Detective 1: Ok Rama so what happened after they captured Hanuman in the warehouse

Rama: Well we heard him screaming and we knew that he was hurt. We decided to go to the local gun shop and arm ourselves up. When we came back we saw Hanuman on the side of the road. He was still alive. He told us that he did see Sita in there and that he was ready to go in and fight. So we went into the warehouse and I asked Ravana to give me back Sita and he laughed and they began to shot at my crew so we fought back. My brother killed Ravana’s son and I killed Ravana. We went in asking for a peaceful transaction and that’s not what they wanted.

Detective 1: ok thank you. We will take all this information to a judge and see what happens.

                  So the detectives came back and notified the suspects they were free to go. They were charged with minor things and were able to go on with their lives. Rama left the police station with Sita and he decided to propose when they got back to the hotel. Rama and Sita lived happily after that day.

Rama is about to kill Ravana: RamHanuman



Author's note:

This is my version of the story Rama and the Monkeys by Geraldine Hodgson. Ravana has the God of evil deities and was feared by many. Vishnu was a deity from above who’s mission was to take out Ravana. He came down to earth in the image of Rama. Ravana decides to take away Sita from Rama and the story revolves on the quest to find her again. Rama travels with his brother Lakshamana and an army of monkeys lead my Surgiva and Hanuman. They finally find Sita and Ravana and they send Hanuman to find out exactly where Sita resides in the Kingdom of Lanka. They Capture Hanuman and torture him but they do not kill him. Ravana’s men sets him free. Rama and the army finally get into the kingdom of Ravana and they begin a battle where Ravana and his son end up dead. Sita is returned to Rama and they marry and live happily ever after.I chose this specific image because I think this I the biggest turning point to the story. After the death of Ravana, Sita and Rama are able to enjoy there love together. This image is actually my favorite scene as well. This is a closing to the evil mischief of Ravana




BibliographyHodgson, G. (1903). Rama and the Monkeys 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alexis! Wow this story was so creative and it was an interesting depiction of such a fierce battle. I like how you made it relatable (to an extent) by making it a confrontation between Texas and OU people. The bikers were a nice touch; they made the story a little edgier. The interview was a cool perspective to show since we got more direct dialogue out of the characters compared to just a story being told about them. I got a little lost when you ended some of their big monologues with just tapering off that they finished their story. But overall I enjoyed the theme and how you presented the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexis, I really enjoyed reading your story! It was fun to read and see how the story plays out with Rama having to explain his actions to the law because in the story everyone just assumed him innocent. I also really liked the details about the cheeseburgers, bikes, etc. One thing that you could add is when the information is given to the judge, you can have Rama sneak in and tamper with the evidence to make sure that he is proven innocent.

    ReplyDelete