Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 3 Reading Diary: Public Domain Edition of Ramayana Part C


                For my project I plan on writing about animals. Part C of the Public Domain Edition of Ramayana starts of with the search of a couple of monkey kings named Sugriva and Hanuman. I did not research these characters in depth but they have grabbed my attention. I am also interested in the idea of Hanuman changing into different forms. Sugriva also has a battle with his own brother who according to the story is out to fight him. Rama helps Surgiva in this battle against his brother which I plan as using as a major battle in my story. Rama kills Surgiva’s brother Vali without giving him a chance. I will add a twist to the story by having Surgiva turn against Rama for not giving his brother a fighting chance. In my story Surgiva will take over his brother’s kingdom and wife and turn against Rama. They will battle but after hours of combat they cannot fight any longer. They will then make peace and I will bring back the original scene where Surgiva helps find Siti. I will also keep the original scene where Surgiva sends groups of his monkeys as well as the aid from the bears to find her. In episode 48 Sampati comes into the story. He is the brother of Jatayu who I plan on writing about in my project. From my research Sampati has amazing vision and lets Rama know he is heading in the right direction. The episode after that gives background information about Sampati and why he is not able to fly. When Hanuman finds the palace of Ravana he sneaks inside. In my story I plan on adding a scene where he gets caught inside the palace. Ravana captures him and sets his tail on fire. This scene I will also keep but I plan on adding a scene where Siti sees how Ravana has tortured the monkey only to reject him even more.  Not knowing the true identity of Hanuman I will add to the story a major fight between Ravana and the monkeys and bears. Instead of Ravana’s brother going against him and joining forces with Rama I will actually have his brother stay on his side.
Rama Kill Surgiva's brother Hanuman: Ramayana

No comments:

Post a Comment