Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Week 9 Reading Diary: Tales of Yudhishthira:Justice for the Pandavas


My reading diary is over “Tales of Yudhishthira: Justice for the Pandava.” This tale starts of different from the original stories we have read in class about the Pandavas. This one seemed like it went straight to the exile portion of the story. Which will give me the opportunity to give my story a different beginning from the usual. The first main situation that occurs in this story is when the Pandavas are in the forest and they decide to help the Brahmin chase a deer. Another thing that really caught my attention about this story is that it names all of the other Pandavas such as Nakula and Sahadeva. This allows me to add more characters other than Arjuna, Bhima, and Yudhihthira. I would like to focus on the story where the brother die when drinking from a prohibited fountain leaving Yudhishthira.I usually make the stories about the Pandavas have to do with a gambling issue. This time I want to create an internal dispute between the brothers such as making them fight over Yudhishthira choosing to bring back only one brother back to life. I would also include how Nakula and Sahadeva are from different moms which is why Yudhishthira chose to bring back Nakula. In this story they also have Duryodhana but I would rather have him out of my story this week simply because he has always been the bad guy in the rest of my stories. I will include the reunion of Yudhishthira and his brothers in heaven.

Cover of comic book: Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment