Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Reading Diary Week 10:Karna: Brave, Generous, Ill Fated Prince


My reading Diary is over the story Karna: Brave, Generous, Ill Fated Prince. I chose to read this story because I wanted to focus on Karna. I felt like he does not receive much attention in the Mahabharata. He reminds me off a super hero. Especially his birth. His birth reminds me of the birth of Superman. I plan on taking a completely different path with this story. I want to make Karna into a super hero. I will put emphasis on his armor and earrings given to him buy his godly father. I also want to pay attention to his life growing up. I want to make Arjuna (his brother) his worst enemy simply because he is Dona’s favorite student. They will each have a sidekick. Karna’s sidekick will be Duryodhana and Arjuna’s will be their teacher Drona. I will omit the Pandava’s from this story simply because I want to focus on Karna. I will also make the scene where Karna finds out that his brother more dramatic. I am debating if I want to have a happy ending or if I want to end it in the common fashion where Karna is killed by Arjuna. I am also debating if I want to make Karna a bad guy or the good guy. I am inclined to making Karna the victor rather than Arjuna. I have also considered leaving the ending of the story as a cliff hanger and break it up into two parts.
Arjuna: IndiaOpines

No comments:

Post a Comment