Thursday, January 21, 2016

Overview of Epics of India

I choose option 2: Public Domain Edition: Ramayana. I chose this option mainly because I would like to read something with different inputs. I have never read something which incorporates many different authors. We started this class changing up a story into our own and I figured this option resembled that assignment since it is not just a single author. I also chose it because it is hard for me to find time to go to the library. I work immediately after my last class. I live about 30 minuets away from school. It is a lot of driving to go back to Norman after work.

Everything in this class seems new to me. I was reading through the course and I am interested in the Ramayana. I am interested in stories about battles. I have had some knowledge in the Indian culture. I took intro to religion and I learned a bit about Hinduism. I also took a music class and we heard and studied a few songs popular in Indian.
Battle at Lanka: Wikipedia

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will enjoy the Ramayana, Alexis! If you like audiobooks, there are actually some Audible.com books that are on the reading list for the class in the second half of the semester; you could listen to them for your commute! If you are interested in that, let me know; I have some free book coupons for Audible that I can give away, and I'd like to give them to anybody who has a long commute or lives away from Norman! We have audiobooks in Bizzell Library for people to listen to, but I know that is not convenient for everybody. I love audiobooks; given a choice, I always prefer to listen to a book first, and then maybe read it again afterwards if I really like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete