Sunday, January 24, 2016

Growth Mindset


I think these videos are very informative. It was interesting to see the actual images of a fixed and growth brain. What she was saying is easy to witness especially in the college community. Within my friends I hear them say how much they stress over getting an A in class.  It is important to move from an educational system that acknowledges more correct answers to a system that award for effort. In my opinion our educational system is the reason many students are in the fixed mind set. For example, in every career, students have to compete for a spot. It would not be a bad idea if we could get judged by effort rather than measuring our intelligence with a letter. It is hard to stay calm when an extra A on our transcript can be the determining factor in the decision if we get into a certain program.  I would love to have a growth mindset but sometimes it is just not possible when everything at this point is a competition. I would like to learn more about how to change my way of viewing my mistakes and my education.  
Growth mindset meme blog. Seek the answers!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alexis!

    I think I would also like to learn how to view my mistakes differently. I thin mistakes can be a great tool to better yourself in the future but I am usually very hard on myself especially when it comes to grades. I like the meme you have chosen though!

    Hope you has a good spring break!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I absolutely agree on your take on the fixed mindsets we see in school. It definitely seems to be a learned behavior. I find this unfortunate that we have done nothing to change this thinking in the next generation just starting school right now. I do hope one day we as a society will try to change this thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexis,
    I agree with you completely. I really think it is necessary for us to value the effort that we put in for any work. The educational system can be stressful to many students when they put in all the efforts and the outcomes are not so great in terms of grade. It is necessary to seek the answers! I wonder what that cat is doing in that image.

    ReplyDelete