Thursday, January 21, 2016

My Three Favorite Story Books

The first storybook I found is called Horse Divine. This first grabbed my attention because I love horses. I own a few myself. The cover image also grabbed my attention. It does a great job at magnifying the importance of the horse in this specific story. Just by looking at the title and the image I knew the horses represented a godly deity. I am not familiar with this specific topic. I studied a few stories about horses in Greek mythology where they also represented a much more important character than a simple horse. The introduction is very informative. It is a bit hard to keep up with the names of the horses but it gives short description of some of them.  I liked how the author split the paragraphs by horses. Overall I liked the layout of the page. It was easy to manage. Although, I rather use a different layout.
Cover Image From Horse Divine

                  The second story book I enjoyed was AnimalTales from India to Oklahoma. The use of animals grabbed my attention. Something I also enjoy other than horses is nature. This specific story puts lots of attention on nature. It is also interesting to see the story be depicted as if being told by an animal. I was also interested because of the use of my home state incorporated in an Indian story. The title does a great job giving the audience an idea of the story and the image on the cover page allows the reader to imagine that squirrel actually telling the story. I prefer the layout of this page over the one used on Horse Divine. It is much more organized. I want to use the same layout of the chapters.

                  The third story book I enjoyed was An Animal’sTale. The title and the image represent the topic and the main characters of the story. The layout of this page is very similar to Animal Tales from India to Oklahoma. The navigation was organized in a way that separated the story into individual stories. All three stories are something completely different from what I am use to reading. I am interested in staying in the animal and nature topic for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment